This guide explains how our Slack bot can help companies when they run a bounty program at HackenProof.
Once you connect your bug bounty program to your Slack server, the bot will send notifications about the following:
- new reports (that includes the Program name, Report title, Report severity, and Report URL)
- report status changes
- report severity changes
! The Slack bot will not re-send messages when changes happen. The bot will change the previous message that is related to a specific report.
- Choose a bug bounty program that needs to be connected to your Slack space
- Navigate to the Integrations section and press the Slack app:
Connect the HackenProof bot to your Slack space
- Choose your preferred Slack channel and press the Allow button:
- Now your bug bounty program is connected to your Slack space:
Approve the HackneProof Slack bot (optional).
Note! If you are not a Slack space admin, you should ask someone from your team to approve the HackneProof Slack bot. To approve the HackenProof bot in your Slack space:
- Navigate to Slack space settings:
- Choose the Configure Apps section:
- Check the incoming Requests section:
- Approve the HackenProof notifications app:
Connect the bot to Private channel
To add a HackenProof notification bot to your Slack private channel:
- Navigate to the settings of the preferred private Slack channel
- Choose the Integrations section
- Press on the Add apps button:
- Find the HackenProof notifications app and press the Add button:
Good to know
- If a company has a few programs, and you want to connect all of them to your Slack space, then you need to set up the integration for each program.
- You can use different Slack channels for different programs.